Experience managing finance in Emergency context as well as early recovery in projects related to Food Security projects, Livelihoods (Agriculture, Grain Banks, Education, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Construction, Food vouchers, Gift in Kind, Food distribution, Assets transfers, Beekeeping, Fishing)
•Experience with the aid system,especially with USAID/OFDA/FFP,WFP,EC,EU,UNHCR,UNDP,Afdb
Contact Patras Yaqoob
Area of Expertise:
Administration, Management, Accounting/Finance, Procurement
Leadership and capacity building
• Manages the Finance department in Chad together with its 3 field offices
• Trains staff on ADRA policies and procedures (financial and non- financial staff)
Supports and motivates staff, facilitating job satisfaction among teams and individuals
• Conducts regular performance appraisals with a view to increasing productivity and addressing grievances
• Installations of financial systems including accounting programs, which are reviewed on a regular basis
• Supervises finance staff including ensuring they are properly trained in all accounting software, policies and procedures
• Analyzes monthly reports, highlighting out of line situations to Senior management and applying corrective action where necessary
• Provides current, relevant financial information underpinned by accurate computer data entry and supporting documentation. Ensures all general ledger accounts are reconciled
• Manages disbursements to vendors, field offices and partners as well as cash flow and cash positions
• Visits field offices, ensuring compliance to procedures and reviewing BvAs (Planned Budget and Actual expenses)
• Ensures Tax compliance and adherence to country’s regulations.
• Responsible for Financial Risk management, scanning the environment for possible fraud and loss
Accounting, Audit and Compliance:
• Implements ADRA internal control, compliance, and accounting protocols, including procurement policies
• Ensures financial reporting is in accordance with donor regulations, state regulations and GAAP
• Takes a lead role in internal and external audits ensuring that all financial records and backup documentation are complete, correct and retrievable.
• Leads the annual financial planning process in close collaboration with the Country Director
• Assists Regional office and HQ in planning the country programs and budgets
• Prepares budgets for all proposals and monitors grant spending, issuing progress reports to stakeholders
• Communicates with country director and program managers in different site offices
• Serves as primary liaison to donors providing financial information, reports and analysis
• Maintains donor records, contracts and matrix
• Supports country director in timeous submission of reports to ADRA Board and HQ.
•MIDA Master in International Development Administration(2010- In progress)
Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI, USA
•Bachelor of Business Administration-Major in Accountancy(1996-1998)
Pakistan Adventist Seminary & College, Farooqabad Distt.Sheikhpura
•Certificate of Business Administration (1994- 1996)
Pakistan Adventist Seminary & College, Farooqabad Distt.Sheikhpura
Affiliations and Achievements:
•Bachelor degree in accounting and ongoing Master in International Development.
•17 Plus years of experience in finance as Accountant, Manager, Director.
•6 Plus years with international non–profit agencies.
•Experience managing finance in Emergency context as well as early recovery in projects related to Food Security projects, Livelihoods (Agriculture, Grain Banks, Education, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Construction, Food vouchers, Gift in Kind, Food distribution, Assets transfers, Beekeeping, Fishing)
•Experience with Hospitals, health Institutions and Education
•Experience with the aid system, and good understanding of donor and governmental requirements, especially with USAID/OFDA/FFP, WFP, EC, UNHCR, UNDP, AfDB.
•Proficient in Accounting Software (SUNPLUS, QuickBooks, AAA, PASTE) and MS Office (Word, Excel, Ppx, Access).
•Experience in design and implementation of Financial Policies and Procedures SOPs, and Procurement Manuals.
•Excellent financial and analytical skills.
•Experience to manage a financial team and demonstrated leadership. Good team player with Supervisory and Decision making skills.
•Experience to operate in a cross-cultural environment and emergency environment.
•Detail-oriented with good experience working independently and under pressure.
•Skilled in several types of Budget preparation &Financial Statements, Payroll.
•Responsible for external and internal Audits.
•Experience with Donor`s reports, funds requests, Budget Revision, final reports.
•Fluency in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu and learning Spanish.
•Monitor transactions and bank balances through internet banking.
Ensure all financial transactions are in line with the approved budget line items and appropriate budget codes.
•Conduct Physical count of Assets.
•Prepare payroll for all project staff. Manage and supervise Accountants and Finance team.
•Conduct Finance Close-out activities of the projects.
•Provide support to head of departments to ensure internal management systems are appropriately maintained.
•Participate as a member of the Project Management Team to support the operations of the program.
•Ensure that staff of the finance department understands their respective job descriptions.
•Promote ‘best practice’ and capacity-building to strengthen procedures and staff members.
•Design of the strategy and procedures to deliver Food Vouchers and Assets` Transfer for the Livelihood project.
•Ensure set-up of new project books and regular back-ups of finance data in SUNPLUS and AAA
•Prepare trip reports for each assignment and submit to various stakeholders.
•Work with regional Finance Director and regional Director and Country Director to develop job descriptions and terms of reference for various finance positions.
•Conduct periodic Physical count of Assets.
•Communicate with Project manager and Country Director for irregularities, security issues and any violation of policies and procedures.
•Attend and participate in training organized by country office, regional office and international office.
•Opening and closing of unwanted bank accounts. Monitor the bank balances and ensure that sufficient funds are available before making any disbursements.
•Ensure production of monthly financial statements and other financial reports as needed, distribution/and review of these reports to the ADRA board, donors, program management staff and project coordinators.
•Maintain policies and procedures related to personnel, transportation, travel, reimbursement, office equipment, and communications, including compensation packages for national staff.
•Conduct himself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to ADRA and in no way jeopardize ADRA’s image
•Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by Country Director and ADCOM before due dates.
• Set up and maintain cost pool allocation and assuring that the appropriate